at a Glance
AREA 330.2 square miles
Ranked by CNN Money as the #9 place to live in the U.S.
Fairfield is often referred to as more of a New England town, rather than a New York bedroom community. This town is located north on I-95 of Westport. Fairfield’s downtown is quite extensive ranging from chain stores such as the Gap and Borders Books to restaurants and specialty food shops, plus several movie theatres. The town offers a highly regarded school system, along with Fairfield University, Sacred Heart University and many cultural and recreational amenities. Known as the “Dogwood Capital of the World” with 10,000 of the trees blooming each Spring. Fairfield has 8 miles of coastline with 5 salt water beaches and 2 public marinas.
The historic village of Southport is a part of Fairfield. The quaint town center has a variety of charming shops and eateries, and the harborside community offers a private beach.
Click the Links below to see all that Fairfield has to offer!
- Town of Fairfield official website
- Fairfield Public and Private Schools
- Official Fairfield Public Schools website
- Fairfield Chamber of Commerce
- Fairfield Public Library
- Pequot Library
- Fairfield Parks & Recreation website
- Fairfield Street Map
- History of Fairfield, CT
- Town Profile
- Train Schedule – Metro North Railroad
- Town Newspaper
- Family Guide
- New Neighbors/The Welcome Club
- Free School Report
- Fairfield University
- Sacred Heart University
- Learn about Fairfield on Wikipedia
- “CNN Money” article ranking Fairfield the #9 place to live in the U.S.
- Fairfield YMCA